Jerard qualified in 2002 and has acted purely for Claimants since then. Jerard represents people following acts of clinical negligence and following non-clinical catastrophic injuries.
Jerard has specialism in birth injury, neonatal death and stillbirth claims; and has acted in several claims following complex orthopaedic, ophthalmic and other sensory injuries, included complex regional pain syndrome.
Jerard is an advocate for patient rights and patient safety and a regular speaker at Conferences and in March 2020 delivered a webinar for practitioners on Stillbirth Claims. Jerard also provided training to Lancashire Police in 2022.
Serious injury expertise
Additionally, Jerard has developed expertise in complex spinal injuries and recently acted in a multi-million pounds case for a person who sustained an incomplete tetraplegic injury in a road traffic accident.
Jerard is also an experienced Inquest Lawyer. He is regularly instructed in clinical inquests particularly arising from neonatal death, stillbirth and regulated drugs trials.
Instructions & Testimonials
Jerard is currently instructed in many unusual clinical cases including:
- Wrongful birth claim following failure to properly interpret sonography scanning;
- Brain injury claims following delayed diagnosis of tumours;
- Reaction to Covid vaccine leading to multiple thromboses and death;
- Fatal accident arising from a regulated drugs trial;
Recent successful cases include:
- ‘AH’ – Failure to transport a patient following a Subdural Haemorrhage resulting in loss of chance to treat;
- ‘Josette’ – Failure to arrange proper rehabilitation post treatment resulting in loss of function;
- ‘Paul’ – Spinal process fractures following road traffic accident, where good communication and intensive rehabilitation permitted return to work within 15 months.
Among Jerard’s other more unusual instructions have been:
- A bilateral brachial plexus injury for an existing paraplegic following a hoist failure
- A fatal drowning accident in Florida, involving Umbrella Insurance which settled for US$2Million
Accreditations & Positions
- APIL Member (Association of Personal Injury Lawyers)
- APIL Clinical Negligence Special Interest Group Co-ordinator
- APIL Clinical Negligence Conference – Organising Committee Lead
- Chapter Editor for APIL Personal Injury: Law, Practice and Precedents on Accommodation, Care and Fatal Claims
- Regular member of APIL Consultations for Legal Change/ Improvement
You can contact Jerard at email@example.com
Alternatively you can call on 0330 058 0377